When I woke up this morning I remembered why I don't drink very often. My poor head hurts a lot and I invited lots of people over for dinner tonight. The last thing I feel like doing is cooking, but alas life goes on. I'll probably enjoy it once I start. I'm so addicted.
I realised how dedicated I am to cooking last night when I stumbled in the door at 4am and started making pasta (to soak up the drinks.) Most people stop by McDonnell's or grab a kebab....... but not me. Even in my most drunken state, I feel there is no reason to abandon all class. So I cook up a nice bowl of fettucini. Here is the recipe for you just in case you need it too. It a great through together meal when you can't be bothered doing much cooking (or have had a few drinks.)
You will need:
- You can use whatever you have in your pantry (and just cook as much as you want depending on how hungry you are.)
- One egg
- A dash of cream
- Salt and pepper
- A handful of cheese (whatever you like best. I used a tasty cheese, but brie would be nice too.)
What to do:
- Cook your pasta in salted water till cooked.
- Drain reserving about 2tbs of the cooking water still in the pot
- Add cheese and cream
- Crack in egg
- Put back on the stove on very low for 30 seconds (If you have it on high the egg will scramble and be yucky.)
- Settle into bed, eat it.