Friday, April 15, 2011

Girls Night In!


This week I was invited to a dinner party by a lovely lesbian girl that sometimes comes into my work. I wasn't sure if I'd be able to make it with all the moving and packing and what not. Actually this is a lie. All my unpacking is done. I'm on holidays and I have loads of free time. Its just that... well, I've been a little down lately about this whole 'single' thing and going out would require me actually getting out of bed and stop eating easter chocolate. I've been feeling very apathetic lately, and to be honest it's hard at times moving to a new city alone and having to turn up at parties where you know no one. In my state of singleness and self-loathing things were snowballing fast... I decided that I'd probably never meet a nice man. I'd probably never even leave the house for that matter except for school and work. I was being a huge wimp.

I have learnt in life that the most exciting and enriching things happen when you run after, instead of away from, your fears. So off I trotted to the train station with a bottle of very good merlot (I hate to turn up at people's houses empty handed.)

I had a lovely time! We drank wine, talked, and ate some really yummy food. It was nice having someone else cook for me for a change. The host made a whole roast chicken (I love it when people roast chickens. To me its like saying, "I love you enough that I would stick my hand up a bird's bum and put crumbs in it, and then worry about it for an hour and a half desperately hoping it doesn't dry out." True dedication to a meal.)

It was a really fun night. Here's the funny thing about it though... everyone there was gay. As in everyone. I felt so out of place in my sea-foam green silk dress when all the girls were in shorts, and tee's and vests. I was so glad I decided against heels that night. I think the boy sitting next to me was move likely to own a skirt than any of the girls there. (This is not a joke, as he did mention he owned a corset.) It was actually really nice though. I think I made some good friends there. (And I was worried about never leaving home and having a boring life!!!)

I woke up this morning with a killer hangover. It really has been a while since I've drunk that much red wine. I decided to officially have a bed day. I have been so good lately getting all my jobs done, but today it was time to just rest. I cooked up a huge breakfast, and got back in bed with a cup of tea and watched movies. It was lovely. Hope your having a really good saturday too.

No comments:

Post a Comment