There are so many moments in my life at the moment where I am just so filled with joy by all the tiny bits and pieces that make up who I am and how I live my life. It makes me so incredibly happy to have this tiny little life, in this tiny little house, and a big scary job. One day hopefully I'll get around to writing a book about the adventures of a small pastry chef who spends all her time baking cakes and falling in love with the wrong people.......but until then I'll share with you a lovely recipe.
I made these cookies the other night when I was feeling a little blue. Ok lets be honest......I was feeling a little hung over, and I just needed something to help me feel a little grounded. Making cookies always brings me back to earth. So I made these and they made me quite happy.
From 'Sweet Tooth'
- 160g of plain flour
- Half a tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 30g unsalted butter
- 300g dark chocolate
- 4 eggs
- 175g caster sugar
- 30g flaked almonds
What to do:
- Mix together the plain flour, salt and baking powder.
- With a double boiler melt together the chocolate and butter.
- In an electric beater, beat together the eggs and sugar until pale and slightly thick.
- Fold the egg mix into the chocolate mix.
- Stir in the flour.
- Place in the fridge to set for a minimum of 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180
- Roll the cookie dough into desert spoon size bowls and press slightly onto a tray lined with baking paper (leave room for spreading.)
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the tray.