Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fettucini

So as much as I try to make everything in my life look neat and orderly..... its not always dinner parties and pretty dresses. Last night I spent the whole evening dancing with drag queens....and had a wonderful time. Sometimes when life gets a wee bit too much you just have to let loose. Forget about all the things you should be doing. Forget about being neat. Forget about everything.

When I woke up this morning I remembered why I don't drink very often. My poor head hurts a lot and I invited lots of people over for dinner tonight. The last thing I feel like doing is cooking, but alas life goes on. I'll probably enjoy it once I start. I'm so addicted.

I realised how dedicated I am to cooking last night when I stumbled in the door at 4am and started making pasta (to soak up the drinks.) Most people stop by McDonnell's or grab a kebab....... but not me. Even in my most drunken state, I feel there is no reason to abandon all class. So I cook up a nice bowl of fettucini. Here is the recipe for you just in case you need it too. It a great through together meal when you can't be bothered doing much cooking (or have had a few drinks.)

Tipsy Fettucini
You will need:
  • You can use whatever you have in your pantry (and just cook as much as you want depending on how hungry you are.)
  • One egg
  • A dash of cream
  • Salt and pepper
  • A handful of cheese (whatever you like best. I used a tasty cheese, but brie would be nice too.)
What to do:
  1. Cook your pasta in salted water till cooked.
  2. Drain reserving about 2tbs of the cooking water still in the pot
  3. Add cheese and cream
  4. Crack in egg
  5. Put back on the stove on very low for 30 seconds (If you have it on high the egg will scramble and be yucky.)
  6. Season
  7. Settle into bed, eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment