Monday, April 25, 2011

Uphill climb.

Today was one of those days where everything felt hard. Getting up in the morning was hard, going to work was hard, working was hard and coming home was hard. I'm not sure quite what it was but sometimes life just feels like an uphill climb. I don't feel like I'm walking through life at times, not even running, just pushing with ten tone weights attached to my legs. I'm still a bit sick this week, and a wee bit stressed about the eminent term approaching. I have to keep reminding myself that its not too serious, and that i'm here because I want to be.

I have personally hand crafted this life and lifestyle for myself (pastry school, writing, good friends, food, and working in a boutique cake shop), now all that is left to do is enjoy it. It can be so easy to forget this at times. I get so caught up in how busy and important it all is, that I forget that I've made my life like this ...........because its what I wanted.

On the up side, Melbourne is starting to feel a bit more like home. I love where I'm living and I've got some really good friends. Real friends too. The sort who want to come to dinner parties, or sit for three hours over lunch to just talk and drink wine.

My cooking has improved a lot also. I'm not sure if I'm actually much better, but I defiantly feel more confident. Recipes that would once scare me now excite me, and I have entered a whole new world of bread making. I just cant make enough things with yeast! Its so very beautiful.

Still a bit lacking in the relationship department (everyone I have spoken to lately is having a man drought though....weird.) This may be my own fault though. I was whinging about it at work recently and one of the girls turned around and said to me "Well Cherry what do you expect? How are you meant to meet a man if you keep spending your saturday nights with gays and drag queens?" (This is really another story for another time I think......but the moral of the story is, you never know who might turn out to be an amazing friend, so don't judge a book by its cover. That statement just worked on soooooo many levels....anyway.) But I'm not minding too much. I'm actually relishing in having my own free time. Most nights I cant think of anything better than cooking a nice dinner and doing some writing.

I hope you all had a lovely Anzac day. I missed marching this year, which made me a bit sad. Have a lovely rest of your long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment