Thursday, April 21, 2011

Chai tea


Today I had one of the most perfect days where everything felt right. I woke up and did a bit of writing for a while, and ate some raspberry chocolate sandwiches (raspberries are fruit therefore its still classified as a healthy breakfast.) I got ready for my day and left the house. On my way into the city I was surprised and confused as to why everything was closed, and then I remembered.........Its easter. The whole feel of the day suddenly changed from friday to Good Friday. Its like a Sunday, and has a whole different feel to it.

My plans for the day where to meet a friend in the city and go shopping, but now I realised it was a holiday, these plans just didn't feel right. So instead we decided to go for a long lunch in my new favourite street Hardware lane. It was so lovely and cold and deserted as we walked along the brick streets to get there.

We picked a little place on the corner and sat for hours talking and drinking red wine. I felt so at ease and life just felt right. This is why I moved to melbourne. So I could have long lunches and eat yummy food with amazing people.

Iv'e been very naughty lately and haven't put up any recipes for a few days. My aunty sent me a really love Chai tea recipe this week, and I thought it would be perfect for easter, while your having big family feasts and sitting around talking. Here it is for you...enjoy

Chai Tea:

put 3 cups of water onto boil... add 3 tspns of fresh ginger chopped you an leave the peal on , 1 tspn of asjwan (this is wild celery seed)
2 tspns of fennel
i tspn of cinamon or stick
4 brown cardamon
10 green cardamon
motar and pestle cardamon to break open
4 cloves
bring to a rolling boil
add 3 desert spoons of sugar (you can use honer or jaggerry, this is indian sugar you can buy it in a block ) the sweet is supposed to compliment the bitterness of the spices
then add 2 teabags of nice tea , then add 2 cups of milk , don't wait too long the milk is to bind the tannin so it doesn't get too bitter ... then bring to the boil .. until a nice tan colour ... strain with wire sieve and dink

(p.s. thanks so much for sending it to me aunty Linda!!)

I loved today. Happy good friday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fantastic recipe... i really like adding some vanilla bean into it aswell... gives it an extra sweetness that is simply divine, but not too much so that it overpowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog look Cherry! Now i have 2 chai tea recipes...one from both of the M girls! yum!

    ReplyDelete