Monday, April 18, 2011

Uninspired by cup cakes


"Wow they are so beautiful!" "Gosh they are so lovely!" I have been hearing this all day. I knew food envy existed (thats what you get when someone orders a better meal than you at a restaurant, and you spend the whole time wishing you got the same thing) but being envious of the attention the food is getting.....thats plane silly! But I'm telling you its hard when your treated like a wall flower all day and hardly talked to while people gush and rave about cakes (specially when the customers are beautiful melbourne boys.)

Today I was the crankiest cup cake seller in the world. I came up with every excuse on why I was moody today.....I was tired, hungry, felt sick, the customers were annoying me, but when it got down to it.....my heart is bruised and I just feel a little sad.

On my way home I was feeling awfully sorry for myself. Alas! Poor, poor me! When I got in the door, however, I was greeted by all my housemates who had cooked dinner and bought wine. It was so nice. We all sat around the table and talked and ate. It cheered me up so very much. I love the way food can bring people together and make the world seem so much more friendly.

At the moment I have a raspberry and pear cake baking in the oven. I'll put the recipe up when I get the cake out of the oven and check the consistency. I wasn't sure if maybe it needed more milk in the batter and I'd like to get it perfect for you. So in half an hour, I will be happily sitting in bed munching on some cake and sipping tea. I would have forgotten that the world was mean to me today, and I wont have 'cake envy' anymore.

Have a lovely night.

No comments:

Post a Comment