Monday, April 18, 2011

If McDonald's was hell, Laurent would be Heaven.




















This weekend I took a little trip to one of my favourite places in the world... Laurent. I really can't rave about this place enough. If McDonnell's was hell this place would be heaven. It personifies nearly everything I love about food and hospitality. So much care is put into the food and everything tastes amazing. The presentation is amazing and every time I go there I feel like I have stepped into Europe.

For a while when I was living in Camberwell, I made this place my second home. It's the perfect spot to sit on a Sunday morning, read the paper, drink some coffee, and eat pastries (It's also right across the road from boarders and an amazing second hand market). They sell cakes, macaroons, bread, pastries, ice cream and coffee. Everything is divine but you simply must must try the chocolate almond croissants. They are the best I have ever had (and believe me, I have eaten a lot of croissants.)

The food is a little bit expensive, but you wont even think about the prices when you are eating the food. Everything is baked fresh in the mornings and even the ice cream is house made.

I actually went here on my first real date many years ago when I first moved to Melbourne. We ate roasted vegetable baguettes and drank green tea. It was quite romantic. My love of the place outlasted my love of the boy by far, and I've never stopped going back. Whenever life gets a little too much, I make a trip there and just sit for hours. By the time I've left, things usually feel much better.

All I can really say is... you must go there yourself.

Laurent Boulangerie Patisserie on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment