Am I sick of talking about sugar cookies? No........I'm sick of everyone else not talking about sugar cookies enough!!
I am afraid that you may be getting sick of just sugar cookie recipes though......so I promise to start posting other recipes soon. I know it may seem to you that I do survive off just cookies and cupcakes, but actually this isn't (entirely) true. Tonight I came home and cooked a huge rustic chickpea and vegetable pie with a wholemeal crust. Most of the ingredients are organic and grown just down the road from my house........to me this is bliss!! Its so lovely to be supporting people who are giving back to the community.
But before I get onto giving you some lovely savoury organic recipes....here's one more sugar cookie recipe! This recipe comes from 'Biscuiteers Book of Iced Biscuits,' and is just delicious. I doesnt contain eggs........which is super handy, because I ran out of eggs this week. Anyway....here it is for you!
Treacle Spice cookies
200g plain flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of ground ginger
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp mixed spice
50g muscovado dark brown sugar
100g salted butter, diced
50g of treacle or molasses
What to do:
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Crumb in butter until it resembles bread crumbs. This can be done by hand using your fingertips, or with the paddle attachment of a kitchen aid.
- Add molasses and mix until the mix resembles and smooth dough.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper.
- Cut into shapes.
- Place the shapes on a tray lined with grease proof paper and rest in the fridge for at least half an hour.
- Bake at 160 for 15 to 20 minutes or until set and slightly brown.
P.s. Totally threw out my t.v. this week......best choice.