Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Starting Fresh... again... and again.





Day one of being completely single...again. I woke with that sad heavy hearted feeling of knowing something is wrong but not remembering what. Slowly it filtered back through my consciousness that there was a reason for the dull pain in my heart, and on top of that I had to move houses today. I hit snooze on my alarm three times and then realised I really did need to get up and get organised.

I started to pack up, my boxes, my heart, my thoughts, my ideas. So much beauty had taken place in this little room. I'd done some deep thinking here, worked on assignments for pastry school, started this very blog, spent a wonderfully beautiful week laughing and eating with a friend all hours of the night, and spent so many lovely mornings in bed reading the paper and drinking coffee.

It's always hard saying goodbye to another town. I had packed up all my food so I took a short walk into town to buy some coffee to brew and a few other ingredients. After a chocolate and raspberry sandwich life didn't feel so lonely. I was so thankful though when my parents arrived to help me move. They had come to stay at just the right time.

We moved all my things and then went out to a lovely little organic cafe for lunch. I had a big serve of salad and it was so so yummy! There seem to be a lot of these lovely little organic places all over the city where you can find really healthy food quite cheaply.

My new room is lovely. I can imagine me cooking some beautiful cakes in this kitchen. I cant wait to settle in and explore the new town. Hope your day is lovely.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the start of a whole new adventure Cherry - enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete