Sunday, April 17, 2011

These Days I Only Have One Leg...

As some of you well know....I'm currently dealing with the end of a relationship. The best way to describe the feeling is that I've lost a limb. I have this strange sensation all the time that something is missing, even before I've realised what it is. Something aches but I can never quite locate the pain. Its like my arm fell off.......I can function without it ok, but I'm not sure why I have to. I miss my best friend with all my heart and somedays I just don't know what to do about it. In saying all that though, I'm actually starting to feel a bit stronger in myself. I'm starting to feel like maybe just maybe its going to be ok, and I'll come out the other side super strong and ready to take on the world. Just before we broke up my ex said to me "Cherry if you can learn to be single, I think you can do anything." And you know what? I think he is right.

So I push on. I have no 'game plan' on how to deal with all these emotions. I don't really drink that much these days. I quit smoking a while back. I've been through my rebound stage. So mainly I drink a lot of coffee and eat a lot of cake. I also amerce myself in cooking magazines and try to write as much as possible. Its not the best coping mechanism I know, but give me some time, and I'll sort it all out.

Over the past week my parents have been here and I've had the pleasure of being taken out to dinner a couple of times. Its been so lovely. I've been exploring Hardware Lane in Melbourne which is a really great place to eat. They often have life music at night and lots of deals (such as 2 courses for $30 or two drinks for the price of one.) Its really worth checking out. There is an amazing macaroon shop there which you 'simply must go to'. So very very very beautiful.

This week being easter and all I plan to make some festive treats. Hot cross buns are on the to do list. I'm really excited to make them. I'll post the recipe up for you once I've tested it out. Hope you had a really lovely Sunday. Enjoy the rest of your night.

No comments:

Post a Comment