Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Loving holidays.




Its so lovely to be able to get up in the morning and have time to drink a few cups of tea. Usually when I wake up my first thoughts are about where I can find the nearest coffee shop, because I can't face the day decaffeinated. I'm so used to waking up while its still dark that it feels like a luxury to rise after the sun. Slowly slowly I can feel my body relaxing. I don't feel as stressed, or like crying every five minutes. I feel......normal. After a whole day at home yesterday it was weird visiting the city today. Everyone was running around, crashing into each other. I was quite relieved to get home and away from it all.

Today I went and visited one of my favourite areas, Brunswick st. Its one of the funkiest places in Melbourne and each time I visit there, I am painfully aware that everyone else is much much cooler than me. Once upon a time, three years ago, this used to quite worry me.......but now I couldn't care less. I know I don't have what it takes to be one of the 'in' crowd in this area (mainly because I like to hold a job at all times, and don't want to maintain a drug habit.......but each to there own.) The place is pretty cool though and filled with amazing cafe's and shops. I saw so many places I wanted to eat out there.

One of my friends and I went to visit a little gourmet fish and chip shop, which was quite yummy! We sat and nibbled and talked, and it was nice to get out of my head for a while and just have a nice girly time. I'll do a little review on the place later today, if you would like to have a read.

On the way home I was feeling a little blue. I bought myself some tulips, to cheer myself up and got on my train. I made a train friend (I love making friends on public transport) and it really cheered me. The world can't be such a bad place after all if you can sit on the train for half an hour and discus the perils of sock shopping with an artist.

Hope your all having lovely days

Oh and I have one last favour to ask....if your reading my blog, would you mind terribly if you pressed the follow button? It just helps out a bit incase donna hay happens to find my blog (because its so very likely) and sees how lots of lovely people follow it, maybe she will give me a job writing for her. Thanks heaps guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment