Monday, April 18, 2011

Raspberry, Pear and Almond Cake















I have been meaning to make this cake for weeks. I was sitting in Starbucks with a friend and found this recipe. I had to change it a little bit to get it to work just right for me... so here is my version of it. I hope you enjoy. Its super moist and yummy.

Raspberry, Pear and Almond Cake

You will need:
  • Two ripe pears
  • 180g butter
  • 180g caster sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 200g self raising flour
  • 100g almond meal
  • 1/4 cup of milk
  • 200g raspberries (I just used frozen because they are cheaper!)
What to do:
  1. Beat your butter (the butter must be soft to start with) and sugar until light and fluffy, and its no longer grainy.
  2. Whisk your eggs, and then slowly add to your sugar mix
  3. Sift flour and almond meal
  4. In 4 batches slowly add flour and almond meal, stirring between each addition.
  5. Add Milk
  6. Dice pears and add
  7. Add raspberries
  8. Grease and line a circle tin with non stick paper
  9. Put in a preheated oven at 180 and bake for an hour and a quarter.
  10. Let cool and then sprinkle with icing sugar
Its such a pretty little cake. It has a really good 'homey' feel to it. Its the sort of thing you want to serve when friends 'pop over', or if your having a picnic. Hope you enjoy making it as much as I did.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. I used cherries instead of rasperries because that's what I had around. Scrumptious! :)

    ReplyDelete