Friday, May 17, 2013

Cranberry and White Chocolate Cookies.

I've just had two very blissful days off. On my way out of work before my two day rest, one of the head chefs asked me what I had planed. I felt silly to admit that I would probably spend the majority of my time in the kitchen, working on recipes and pouring through cook books. Its been such a crazy busy intense year, with so many emotions packed into a really short time.....and mainly I have been left just feeling inspired. 

 So I spent to days rolling out pastry, caramelising pears, poaching quinces, and baking cookies. Dont get me wrong, there was an awful lot of breakfasts out.....and a wee bit of wine....ok a lot of wine, with some of my favourite people. 
 I've been feeling so at home with this winter chill, but I have to admit our tiny home has been starting to get a bit cold. So to warm it up a bit today I baked a big batch of cookies. I rolled the leftover cookie dough up into logs and froze it. There is something so very comforting about having cookie dough in the freezer in winter. After two glasses of wine on a girls night its the best to be able to pull a log of dough out of the freezer and quickly bake off a batch to help with any late night sugar cravings.I also like having it there for when friends drop by.....It looks so organised to always have fresh cookies in the house....maybe thats silly, but it makes me very so happy, so I really dont mind. 
 So I'll share my recipe with you, that way you can feel inspired, and very organised (its amazing how much a cookie can do for your life.)

White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies
Adapted from a Donna Hay Recipe.

You will need:

  • 3  1/2 cups of sugar
  • 300g softened butter
  • 1 tbs of vanilla extract
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 cups of plain flour
  • 3/4 tsp of baking powder
  • 1 and 1/2 cups of white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup of dried cranberries
What to do:
1. Cream together sugar and butter with an electric mixer until pale in colour. 
2. Add vanilla essence. 
3. Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat well between each addition. 
4. Mix in dried cranberries and white chocolate.
5. Mix in flour and baking powder.
6. Mix well. 
7. Roll into balls using a 45ml ice cream scoop. Place the balls on a baking tray lined with grease proof paper leaving room for spreading. Press slightly to flatten. 
8. Bake at 160 for 18 to 20 minutes. 
9. Eat one with a big cup of green tea while they are still hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment