Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Chocolate Chilli Mouse Cake with a Cinnamon Crust... come check it out!

This week one of the head chefs asked me to design a desert for the restaurant. I put I huge amount of time into trying to come up with something that I would like to eat, cook, and meant something to me. They say to write about things you know.....I think the same goes for cooking. Dont get me wrong, I'm by no means suggesting that you shouldn't try new recipes....Because you really really should, but you should also cook things that 'feel' right to you. 

Never waste your time making some wanky, layered, piled high contraption if what you really feel like making is a simple batch of cookies (I always want cookies.) When musicians write songs, it has to resonate with them in order to make sense to us. 

So this is what I thought about. I sifted through my emotions. I sifted through my intentions. I shook my heart and said "what do you want to cook?" I thought about who I cook for mostly, and who I've been pouring time and energy into. 

Someone I knew recently left the country. There visa ran out and they headed back to South America to get on with their lives, and I wanted to make a desert to pay respect to a beautiful short romance that blessed my heart and made me smile for a good month. 

This desert is insanely dark, rich and spicy. Its the sort of thing I would totally order if I went to a restaurant, and every time I get stressed at work trying to get the prep done for this desert I hear the accented voice of my friend saying "Hey, its just food. Dont worry. You love food." And this my friends.....is very true. 

Unfortunately I'm not going to leave you with the recipe, because I want you to come into my work and try it. It will be on the menu as of today. 

So here my friends is a very sexy little chilli chocolate mouse cake, with a cinnamon crust, hazelnut and pistachio praline and double cream. Come try it, and high five me on how fun life is.

Gracias mis amigos maravillosos y hermosos amantes


  

1 comment: