Monday, January 21, 2013

In The Freezer

Can I let you in on a little secret? I am unbelievably, irrationally afraid of the deep freeze at my work. I'm not exactly sure why yet but every time I go in there I find myself in a fluster. Im not sure if its because I can never find what I'm looking for or the fact that after ten seconds in there I can no longer feel my fingers. One time I was in there for a good two minutes looking for some back up pastries before I found them on the top shelf which I could only reach with a small step. By the time I got out I was so cold that my body felt like it was going into shock. It took me five minutes before I came back to a normal temperature. 

My biggest fear though is being locked in the deep freeze. Last week I panicked when I thought I had locked myself in. Its lucky those freezers are sound proof.....I swore so loudly, only to find that there (or course) is a handle on both sides of the door.....like a normal door....like a normal person would presume. 

This week I've been thinking about how life at time can be a bit like a deep freezer. You find yourself in a situation and before you know what's going on your whole body goes numb and you find yourself in a pannick. I guess the lesson is, that there is always a handle, always a way out. You just have to take a moment to look for it. My aim for the coming week is to look for these handles. Take a few deep breaths, and maybe put on some gloves. 

With all this freezing going on....and a decent chance of hyperthermia, I'm off to have a glass of wine (to bring up my body temperature.) Or something like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment