Monday, December 3, 2012

Being brave......





I'm not going to lie......I have been crazy nervous about starting my new job. This however isn't a surprise. I get nervous about a lot of things. On my first date my hands shook so hard I was worried that this blond, long haired, beautiful boy would think I was crazy. I lost countless hours of sleep over the wedding I catered this year. When I launched my first range of cookies I was terrified that no one would buy them.

The strange thing is though, Im no scaredy cat. I just doubt the things I can do at times, and don't we all? 

My dad called me this week and told me a story about a small girl named Cherry who cried on her first day of school. Apparently she was too scared to go because she couldn't read. He had to explain to her that thats what you do at school......learn to read. 

Sometimes I get so ahead of myself. It can be hard to go fearlessly into the world holding our gentle and sometimes scared hearts in our chest. This however is exactly what we must do.

So this is what I have been doing.....and my first day at my new job was kind of lovely. 

Also, my new range of Christmas sugar cookies is in store. I had such fun making them. I'm starting to get excited about Christmas cooking, and crafts. 

So if I can give you any advice for the week it would be: 

  1. Be brave.
  2. Eat some cookies
  3. Listen to the song 'candles' by daughter (I would not be exaggerating to say I listen to this everyday on repeat about 20 times.....sooooo soulful!) 
  4. Have some faith in yourself. 








1 comment:

  1. Your cookies are beautiful, so festive and fun looking!

    ReplyDelete