The chef looked at me while I was working today and said "why are you so thin? No offence but I don't trust a skinny chef! How can they know their food is good if they aren't tasting it?" It made me laugh.......and want to explain that its all very well and good to want to look like a Nona when you are in the kitchen.....but when it comes to dating in Melbourne, thats another story all together.
(I went to the macaroon shop today as a treat after my first day of placement)
Anyway the other treats which is totally delicious and healthy that we have been getting stuck into lately is kale chips! They are so yummy and easy to make.
You will need:
1 bunch of kale
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 180
- Cut the leaves of the kale away from the stalks
- Place kale leaves on a tray
- Sprinkle with some oil and salt
- Bake chips checking after 5 minutes.
- They should look dehydrated and be crispy to touch. This may take about 15 minutes.
- Eat them all!