Alright! You caught me! I was sooking this week. Goodness knows why? Far be it from me to want to deny happiness from anyone I have ever cared about......but must they be quite so very happy right on my computer screen? It put me in a bit of a funk. I was a rat bag for at least three days and instead of being a grown up and buying groceries, I just bought muffins from the near by cafe for breakfast a couple of days in a row. This is extremely naughty for my budget and my dress size.
So I decided to shake things up. It was time to stop sooking, and start behaving!
(This is what I do at pastry school when I'm board........I go into the elevator and take photo's of what I'm wearing that day.......super constructive and productive! But while we are on the subject....great outfit right?)
Peanut Butter sugar cookies
(This recipe is from my favourite cook book at the moment "Biscuiteers Book Of Iced Biscuits"
Peanut Butter Biscuits
250g plain flour
100g brown sugar
Half a tsp of baking powder
65g of butter
65g of golden syrup
One egg lightly beaten
1 to 2 tablespoons of milk
65g peanut butter
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Rub butter into the dry mix until it resembles breadcrumbs. This can be done using either your fingertips or a kitchen aid.
- Mix in peanut butter, egg, milk and syrup until a dough forms.
- Roll dough between two sheets of baking paper and cut into shapes.
- Place the shapes on a tray and chill in the fridge for half an hour.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170 for 15 to 20 minutes until lightly golden.