Saturday, July 28, 2012

Chocolate Sugar cookies




Today has been declared 'lazy sunday' after a big day of productivity yesterday. The whole weekend has been a wonderful mix of getting things done, and resting. Yesterday my housemate and I went on a big trip to the organic farm where we bought all our vegetables for the week.



Then we came home to cook up a feast with all our goods. Its so nice to be able to buy local produce that has been grown just down the road by people in our town. Its the sort of thing that I really love to support.




Everything I have made from all the produce has been so delicious. I made a huge pot of soup with all the stock I made earlier in the week.

I've been working on some more cookie recipes which I have found in my 'Biscuiteers Book of Iced Biscuits.' Mostly I've been making vanilla ones but I branched out and made some really tasty chocolate and also some spice ones.

Here's the Chocolate recipe for you!

Super Chocolatey Biscuits
275g plain flour
100g self raising flour
75g coco powder
125g caster sugar
125g salted butter, cut into cubes
125g golden syrup
1 large egg


  • Place all the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
  • Crumb the butter into the dry ingredients until it looks like breadcrumbs. This can be done using either your fingertips, a blender, or the paddle attachment on a kitchen aid.
  • Crack the egg into a bowl and give it a quick whisk.
  • Add the syrup and egg and mix into a dough. Give it a quick knead to bring it all together. Try not t over work the dough though. If it is much much too dry you can add a little extra syrup.
  • Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper and cut into shapes with a cooking cutter. 
  • Placed the cut cookies in the fridge to set for at least half an hour.
  • Place cookies on a tray with baking paper in a preheated oven at 160 and cook for 15 minutes. The cookies should look set and slightly browned. 
  • You can eat these lovely cookies as is....or ice them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment