Saturday, March 24, 2012

No hair!


This week has been busy, and I mean crazy busy. I feel like everyday there are so many places I have to be and so many things I need to get done. All my pastry school assignments are scarily close to being due, and I still have so much to get done.

One lovely thing that happened this week though, was a small 'head shaving gathering' at my house on friday. I decided to shave my head to raise money for 'be brave and shave' where all money goes towards treatment and research for cancer patients. I had been so busy in the weeks leading up to it I didn't even really stop to think about the fact that I would have no hair! I hadn't really contemplated it. When the clippers turned on though, and I could hear the soft buzz of them chopping through my hair I did start to wonder about the wisdom of this idea..... would I be cold? would I look silly?

The answer to both of these question is quite simple. Yes. I probably will get a cold head, but I counteracted this by buying a beautiful new hat. And yes at times it may look a little odd, but thats probably ok too.

The thing I've been learning lately, or trying to learn, is who I am as a person. Everyday I think we go though life believing that what we do, how we dress, and how we perceive ourselves makes us who we are. These things however aren't really the essence of who we actually are. So in a way this has all happened at a good time. My hair is gone, but thats ok, because I'm not my hair (which is a good thing, because if I was, there would be nothing left of me.) Its just something I'm processing at the moment.

Anyway, I've been meaning to do a little cafe review of my favourite cafe in Melbourne at the moment. I keep forgetting, but I promise I'll do it this week (or I promise I will try to at least!)

Hope your having a beautiful sunday and enjoying the cold weather. I'm off to work, and then a french film festival.....

No comments:

Post a Comment