Thursday, March 22, 2012

Wholemeal Cranberry white chocolate and coconut cookies.

Today I cooked cookies. I came home, tired and stressed and just wanted to do something beautiful. My intention was to take lovely pictures of the whole process and then show you some yummy cookies. The reality is............well I ate 3 of them, and my housemate at 2, and well.....it was a small batch. So there was no cookies by the time I went to take photo's. This is what happens after a long day....and I think its to be expected some days. So I am sorry for the lack of pictures.

On the up side, the cookies were lovely, most of my day was lovely, and now its night time and I'm tired and full of cookies.

I've been trying to work on some recipes that are both delicious and a little healthy. Don't get me wrong, these cookies are by no means 'health foods', and my mum would cringe at the amount of sugar that went into them. I did substitute the white flour for wholemeal organic flour though, and used raw caster sugar instead of white. Cranberries are also very good for you.........it stops there though. I hope you like them!

Wholemeal white chocolate cranberry and coconut cookies



You will need: (just 10 ingredients)

  1. 180g butter
  2. 3/4 cup of raw caster sugar
  3. 1 tsp of vanilla essence 
  4. 2 tsp of coconut essence
  5. 2 eggs
  6. 1tsp baking powder
  7. 1 and 3/4 cups of wholemeal plain flour
  8. 1/4 cup of almond meal
  9. half a cup of cranberries
  10. 100g of white chocolate chips
what to do:

  1. With an electric beater whip together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. 
  2. Beat in one egg at a time, beating between each egg.
  3. Add the essences
  4. Sift together flour, and baking powder
  5. Stir in flour mix and almond meal
  6. Stir in cranberries and choc chips
  7. Roll dough into balls and place on a lined tray
  8. Flatten cookies and bake at 180 for 15 to 20 minutes.
  9. Eat them..... Like all of them, at once. I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment