Thursday, March 1, 2012

Chocolate chip and cranberry cookies.......seriously good



Some of you will find what I'm about to say a bit shocking. Today someone told me that I was too serious. Yes you heard me right..........TOO SERIOUS! The tiny pastry chef, with half a head of hair, red lipstick, and a ridiculous dating life is too serious! The strange thing is, this is not the first time I have heard this. I have an awful habit of thinking everything in life is insanely important.

When I was fourteen my grandmother sat me down and said "Cherry, you must stop taking love so seriously, your'e just a young girl." She told me my boyfriend at the time was just a passing faze, and assured me that there would be plenty of other boys to enter and exit my life in the future. Aspects of this was true........... people do come and go at times, but the boy she was talking about is still one of my closest friends. Turns out eight years later he was still content with hanging around, checking in on me, and also making sure I don't get too serious.

I've been thinking about this whole serious thing.......very seriously, and this is what I have decided:

  • Sometimes life is serious
  • Its ok to take things a little bit seriously at times too
  • Its also important to have a good laugh at yourself from time to time
  • Its important to have good friends that keep things light hearted
  • If things get much much too serious, all you can do is bake some cookies.
Here are some seriously good cookies, that have been keeping my life pretty light hearted. Let me know what you think.

Dark chocolate and cranberry cookies.

You will need:
  • 150g softened butter
  • 1 cup of brown sugar
  • 1tsp of vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1 and 3/4 cups of self raising flour
  • 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries
What to do:
  1. Preheat your oven to 160
  2. Cream together butter and sugar
  3. Add vanilla and egg
  4. Sift in flour.
  5. Add chocolate and cranberries, mix everything together.
  6. Roll into balls
  7. Place on a tray with grease proof paper
  8. Bake for 15 to 18 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment