Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Blueberry and lemonade scones.



About a month ago when an old friend of mine was visiting, we invented a game where we would rate everything we did in life as either 'winning' or 'loosing'. I would come home from a long day at work, tired and grumpy and call out "Loosing" as I walked in the door, or when something wonderful would happen yell "Winning." After he left this habit carried on into my everyday life. Some days I just want to scream "Loosing" all day. At the moment I have been studying business at pastry school, and I'm quickly learning that math isn't exactly 'my thing.' You know your'e loosing at a course when your cooking partner (who cant even speak english) is trying to help you pass on a test.

Loosing, loosing, loosing. At times, thats all its felt like for the past few months. Today however, was defiantly a winning day. Despite sleeping through my alarm, nearly missing my test, possibly failing my test, and having no time to do my laundry...........I still felt like I won today. Despite everything that went wrong, a lot went right. All of the things I know I should care about fell through, like doing well at a test. All the things I truly care about however went incredibly well. Let me explain.....

I hate waking up late. Its enough to throw my whole day into chaos. When it (very very rarely) happens, I usually run out of the house, stressed and worried, feeling awful that I have let myself sleep in. I run around like a chicken without a head, not having time to buy a coffee and then suffering from caffeine withdrawal all day. Today however, when I woke up, I simply got on with my day. I made breakfast, bought my coffee, and arrived at school late. I proceeded to just get on with my day.

After school finished I went home, baked scones, and went to a sewing group. It was so lovely to just unwind, do some craft, and meet some new people. So today I made three new friends, bakes some treats, and I think this is really what makes us win at life.


So if your wanting to win......bake these blueberry lemonade scones. They are super easy and delicious!

Blueberry scones.

You will need:
  • 3 cups of s.r. flour
  • 1 cup of lemonade
  • 1 cup of cream
  • 1/2 cup of blueberries
What to do:
  1. This is so so so super easy, you will be shocked. Place your flour in a bowl.
  2. Add berries
  3. Make a well in the middle.
  4. Add cream and lemonade.
  5. Mix together.
  6. Turn out onto a floured bench.
  7. Divide into 8 rounds.
  8. Place onto a nonstick tray
  9. Bake at 200 for 10 to 15 mins until ready (you will know, because they will be light and fluffy, and a tiny bit golden)

No comments:

Post a Comment