Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cauliflower, fennel and almond salad.


Sometimes I make very silly choices in life.......I like to put this down to being wildly romantic, and sometimes not looking at the ramification. I came up with this theory once that there is no right or wrong choices in life.......just choices. This completely frees yourself from self judgment, and you find yourself doing whatever the hell you feel like. Let me just say now, this is an awful theory. Not only did I make awful choices repetitively for a good three months, I also had to live with them. Some where minor and didn't have a huge effect on my life, like skipping school to go to art galleries instead, while others were major, and effected my love life drastically. I continued making these seemingly inconsequential choices, until one night, I tried to profess my deep love for someone, I really wasn't in love with at all (via text) because I had one too many glasses of wine.....and at the time it totally felt right.

The moral of all this is, I'm young, I'm foolish, and sometimes downright stupid.......but this is one smart thing I did this week, and the ramifications are wonderful.

Wondering what it is?

Its this salad

Roast Cauliflower, fennel and almond salad.

What you will need:
  • Half a cauliflower
  • One bulb of fennel
  • One cup of baby spinach leaves
  • 1/8 of a cup of sliced almonds
  • Half a red onion
  • Italian herbs
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper
  • Balsamic vinegar
  • 1/8 cut of dill
What to do:
  1. Cut your cauliflower into resets, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with italian herbs. Crack a decent amount of pepper and salt over the top and bake at 180 until its crispy on the outside and cooked in the centre.......I'm going to guess about half an hour.
  2. Finely (very finely) slice the red onion and fennel bulb.
  3. In a frypan on medium heat toast the almonds. Shake the pan from time to time so they don't burn and cook evenly.
  4. Wash dill and spinach leaves.
  5. Then just toss everything together, drizzle with balsamic and through the nuts on top.
  6. Eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment