Sunday, July 3, 2011

Holidays at last



My first day of holidays and I'm heading off to work. After a wine soaked dinner with some friends last night it's really the last thing I feel like doing. It should be nice to get out of the house though and be around the lovely girls I work with.
I haven't been writing as much lately because I've been so busy with school. My course takes up so much space in my head; sometimes I want to sit with people and just talk about food, as a debrief. This week really has been a blur of stuffed quail, danishes, breads, soups, souffles, and lots more.
Its hard when you're so busy externally, because you don't always have the time to work on the internal things. My head and heart have been screaming for attention for the last few weeks, but I have been ignoring them, or dulling them down in front of the TV, hoping that this would be enough to distract myself until I had time for them.
If someone asked me how I really was at the moment...I would have no idea. I could list them off recipes, cook them dinner, bake an amazing desert, but I have no idea of how I'm actually doing or feeling. On the odd occasion an emotion that I'm not familiar with will rear its head half way through me doing something and I'll be like "do you mind? I'm baking a cake."
I have time now though. So I think I'll do some processing these holidays. So get yourself ready for some intense blog posts.
I also promise to put up some more recipes. I know it's my excuse that I use all the time, but really, I have been very busy. Have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment