Thursday, June 16, 2011

Baking my way through it.



So it's nearly the end of term and exhaustion is setting in. Unlike last term, however, I feel quite calm about everything. I know how it all works now, and I really see no need to stress. I'm just a little bit worn out. It took me a while to realise this, because emotionally I'm chugging along just fine. The indication that my body is getting tired have been very clear though. The most obvious one is my inability to finish sentences. I start talking to someone and halfway through just trail off and stair blankly into space. The next one is my inability to make a cup of tea. The standard amount of times for me to boil the kettle before I actually make tea is around four. Last of all is the silliness. I find myself being increasingly silly...if not completely strange. I'm making the stupidest jokes to my housemates and in general being a total dag. There is actually one last symptom... but I'm very ashamed to say it. I have had these horrible and inescapable urges to listen to Mariah Carey. I really don't know whats come over me. I'm putting it all down to being worn out. Don't judge me...I know its bad, but its not my fault. I'm worn out people.
To counteract all this silliness and bad taste in music I have been distracting myself with baking. My latest obsession is pies and tarts. They are so wonderful and wintery. Yesterday I made a lovely pecan and chocolate tart, and today I'm working on some rustic beef and Guinness pies. Its such a nice way to spend the afternoon, pottering around the kitchen and doing some baking. I'll post the recipes up some time soon. But for now I'm much too tired!

1 comment:

  1. that pecan chocolate tart looks soo good!

    ReplyDelete