Monday, April 11, 2011

Some Luxury and a Rest for my Heart



The reason there has been no blog for the last few days is because I have been living in luxury. I am now on holidays for two weeks and have been staying in a hotel in the city for the last three nights. When one of my girlfriends found this out she slyly inquired who the lovely man to put me up in a hotel might be......but alas I must confess, I have been staying with my parents. Not that this is in anyway less lovely. Its been really good to see my family and have that support around me.

This term has been an interesting one, and by the end of it I was left feeling worn out...both body and heart. Somethings have worked out so perfectly and somethings have not worked out at all. I feel very empowered at times by the way I made it through such a big move and starting back at study. I feel very strong. At the same time I can feel very small, because one thing that I really really wanted this term, something that made me quite happy, I couldn't have.

All the same I dust of my bruised heart and soldier on (sometimes however all I want to do is through myself to the ground, scream at everyone and have a proper five year old tantrum yelling "Why why cant I have what I want??? why? " Really though imagine if it was socially acceptable for adults to have tantrums. It would feel so damn satisfying). However as one of my good friends once said to me "Cherry you are in Melbourne to cook, who cares about the rest of it. Just do what you are there to do and don't worry." This always cheers me up when things go wrong.

I did a bit of exploring while I was staying in the city this week and found some lovely bakeries. When I have a bit more free time I'll check them out and do some reviews for you. I'll put up some photo's from one I found on little collins st. It's called the Brioche Bakery. I'm yet to try the pastries, but I can vouch for there coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment