Friday, April 8, 2011

A Rest at Long Last...
















































I have finally finished my first term at pastry school, and what a crazy term it has been. I feel like so much happened and changed in such a short space of time.
I've made some really lovely friends, and I really like my new job. I had a few really romantic moments (and even if they didn't last very long) they were beautiful.....and we all appreciate beauty. I feel like I've done a lot of soul searching and worked out quite a lot.

My favourite thing I have learnt so far at school is how to work with yeast. Bread and yeast based pastries are such an art form and I really enjoy the process. I love that I'm working with a living organism that must be cared for and treated in a certain way in order to live and grow. I really can't wait to learn more about bread making.

My parents have flown down to visit for my school holidays. Its so nice to see them. We all went out to a restaurant last night in the city to eat mussels and drink wine. It Italian waiter was fussing over us as we were ordering our food, and suddenly I had a revelation. I was not at all charmed by him! Usually I am a sucker for all these lovely European dark haired and dark eyed beauties walking around the city, but I think I have been cured. A short stint of actually dating one of them has put me off for life (ok ok we all know this probably isn't true but let me stay in my little bubble of believing that I'm making progress, and that I wont just melt on the spot when one of them simply looks at me sideways.)

Hopefully over my holidays I'll have a lot more time to cook. I feel bad that I haven't been putting up enough recipes on this blog when it is meant to be a food blog. I've just been so very very busy. Please send in any recipes you have and want me to try out for the blog, or just some you like. Have a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment