Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Making pastries and buying clothes

So my best friend is coming to Melbourne tomorrow. It was a bit of a last minute plan, and to be honest I'm a bit scared. It will be strange to spend a whole weekend with someone who at one stage of my life I used to go ring shopping with (Yes, I'm referring to the diamond variety that you wear on the left hand.) I'm also very excited though to have someone from my old life visiting my new. It will be good to bring a bit of home here. It can be really hard at times starting all over from scratch in a new town. I love it, but at times I miss just being able to pick up the phone and inviting all 'the girls' over for a dinner party or out for coffee.

In preparation for his arrival I planed to go on a one week detox. You know the sort where you work out all the time and mainly eat fruit. However the weather turned cold this week so it has been all pasta dishes and muffins for me. (I'd just like to take a moment to thank the chef at my local coffee place for the amazing muffins they have been baking daily. What kind of person puts chunks of waffles along with blueberries in their muffins.........a genius, that's what.) I did however go out and buy a new jacket to wear for the weekend. When the lady behind the counter asked me what it was for, I smiled smugly and said "a boy". Its very silly to try and impress someone who has seen me at my very very worst (once in a fight i picked up my plate of poached eggs and threw them on the floor) but all the same it felt like the right thing to do (and does anyone really need an excuse to buy a double breasted champagne coloured coat?)

Before he arrives however I have a lot to do. Tomorrow at pastry school we are making croissants and danish pastries. Its so very lovely. Its so exciting to be making things I have only ever dreamed of making.

This week I gave yogurt making a shot. I don't think I have it perfect yet (it was a bit lumpy) but it was still very satisfying. I think I will try to perfect it, sometime in between going to local food markets, and doing homework for pastry school.

Actually I haven been a bit lazy this week. I really should be organising my uniform for tomorrow or working out at the gym, but instead I'm curled in my blankets watching movies. It feels like the right thing to do. I haven't been sleeping much lately. So need to catch up on the rest. I'm not sure why. I think a lot at night time, and to be honest, I get really excited about the next day starting and can't believe I have to wait in bed eight hours before I can cook breakfast, put on a cute outfit, and head into the city for my morning coffee.

Thats all from me tonight. Have a really lovely night, and I'll be letting you know how the pastries turn out..

No comments:

Post a Comment