Saturday, March 26, 2011

Garlic Asparagus




What drives us as humans? Its something I have been thinking about this week. My head and heart have been on a search wondering what is it I really want. At one stage in my life i believed it was love that drove us. We are continually on a search to be loved. But I'm not so sure now. I think its a little bit more than that. Maybe it can't be simplified into something so easy to understand, but it seems to me everyone dose what they do in attempt to be known and appreciated. One person knowing and loving us isn't enough though. We as humans continually strive for more. More acceptance, more exposure, more appreciation, and more justification of who we are and what we are about. Why is it we do that?

Some days when life feels a bit too complex I wonder what it would be like to move away from all this. To go live in the middle of nowhere. Not worry about a career, not have to put on my makeup everyday, not wear uncomfortable shoes, and not care about the rest of the world. To just simply exist for the sake of being alive. It sounds so perfect at times. I know however it would take me about one week to get board and head right back to the city, put on my stiletto boots and start planing my life as a food journalist. Always striving, always always striving. I don't think I'd have it any other way though.

This weekend my best friend has come to visit. Its really lovely to have someone who knows me so well here. We have doing a little Melbourne tour of bars, cafes, markets and patisseries. I get so blissful whenever I go to the Victoria markets. It also overwhelms me....so much food I haven't cooked yet. So many things I haven't tried. I make an effort to buy ingredients that I don't know what to do with to push myself a bit.

After a big day in the city I made us a little tapas platter and we had a rest. It was so yummy. I pan fried some asparagus to go with our stuffed figs and garlic sour dough. Its really easy and goes so well on a little tasting plate. Give it a go.

Garlic Asparagus

All you need is:
One bunch of asparagus
A know of butter
3 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper

What to do:
Heat a fry pan and melt your butter.
Cut up your garlic in large chunks and add to the pan.
Through in the asparagus
Season
Fry for 5 minutes until it is cooked but still crisp.
Serve walm

No comments:

Post a Comment