Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Poached Duck Eggs




I have had some incredibly bad luck so far this week. Yesterday my house got broken into, and then today I had a reaction to some lipstick I was wearing. Both events left me feeling sick, an with an acidic taste in my mouth.

Its strange when things in life happen that we have no control over and have done nothing to cause. Things sometimes just happen. Its how we deal with them that matters. My first reaction has always been to find the biggest man around and run into his arms and cry. I have learnt however this isn't always the most empowering way to deal with situations and I'm slowly working on learning how to fix things myself. It is very easy to get used to giving your emotions to someone else to deal with. One of my previous partners used to remind me on a daily basics just to breath. Since we went our different ways I have realised, I can breath all by myself, in, out, in, out, in, out, everyday with no help.

Some lovely things have still been happening over the past few days despite my bad luck in other areas. For a start I poached some beautiful duck eggs for breakfast and put them on bagels with spinach and tomato. Just grand!!!

If you want to treat yourself to breakfast in bed (this is what I have been doing all week as I had late starts at work) here is what you can make:

Poached duck eggs with bagels, spinach and tomato.

what you will need:
  • 2 duck eggs
  • I bagel
  • A knob of butter
  • one tomato
  • one handful of spinach
  • one teaspoon of vinigar
What to do:
  1. Bring a pot of water with the vinigar in it to the boil and reduce to a simmer.
  2. Toast bagel
  3. Gently add eggs to the water (they take about 2 mins to cook)
  4. Heat up a fry pan, add butter
  5. Add spinach and season, stir till wilted
  6. Slice tomato
  7. Chuck it all together
  8. Get back into bed and eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment