Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Sweet Minty Tea

I have been in my tiny hometown for the last week and a half. It was such bliss. Mostly I went to the beach, sat in cafes, sipped coffees, cooked pancakes with my dad and read lots of books. Sometimes I forget how good it feels to just get out of the city. To just take your shoes off and wiggle your toes in the sand. To have no phone reception. To drink wine at lunch time in a nice restaurant. To read for hours. To ignore facebook. To float on the ocean. To sit in the sun. 
(My favourite farmers markets)

I felt so relaxed and was tempted to never go back to Melbourne. I planned out a little life in my head where I would work part time, and sit on the beach for the rest of my time. All I wanted to do was soak in all the vitamin D I could get. I could literally feel it just soaking into my skin and making me feel more healthy. However, Melbourne beckoned me back. I still have ten weeks of my course left to go.......and a career to pull together.
(A really good pastry shop thats in a tiny country town.....its crazy good)


When I landed at the airport back in Melbourne town I was a little sun burnt and had sand in my shoes. The sky was grey and I felt pretty sorry for myself. Being home sick is the worst, but I still have so much to do here. So many exciting things to discover. 
('Belmondo's' is my new favourite cafe with delicious cold drip coffee.)


Speaking of exciting things.......I'm just about to launch a range of sugar cookies that will be sold in selected stores around Melbourne. Its still in the process of being organised but I will keep you posted!


(Every time I go home we get all the girls together and cook a dinner party with lots of yummy food and wine. Here is a little sneak peak)

While I was back home I got in the habit of making fresh mint tea with the mint growing in the garden. Its so very very easy to make but super yummy.

Fresh Minty Tea

You will need:

About half a bunch on mint
1 Tsp of honey
1Tsp of green tea
Boiling Water

What to do:

Place all the ingredients in a small teapot (enough for two) and pour over the boiling water. Let steep for 5 minutes. Drink it all! 

(One of my favourite people celebrating two of our favourite things with me)

1 comment: