Sunday, May 6, 2012

Peanut butter Chocolate chip Pretzel Brownie




Something dawned on me today....and it was the fact that I am becoming an adult. I realised this when I spent the last of my money for the week on a new blanket for my bed instead of going out and buying drinks. I've been so responsible lately doing things like remembering to eat a balanced diet, getting up early for work, and keeping the house nice and neat.

This always happens in winter. I go through this nesting stage. I get all my paperwork done, organise my life, set goals, and act all mature and grown up........

To counteract all this maturity I've had to do something really super immature. So I made a recipe that is so insanely bad for you. It is the opposite of everything healthy, its full of sugar and chocolate and peanut butter and .....pretzels, and it tastes amazing.

One of my friends found the recipe and asked me to to make it for them, but I didn't love the way it turned out, so I changed it a bit and made it even more indulgent. I totally recommend it. I also recommend that when you make it you get in bed, eat a big slice, drinks some wine, watch something trashy on tv, and be completely irresponsible for at least an hour or so.

Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies
150g pretzesl
5tbs of melted butter
4 eggs
250g butter
200g chocolate
1 3/4 cups of brown sugar
1 1/4 cups of plain flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 cup of chocolate chip cookies
1 1/2 cups of peanut butter
1/2 cup of icing sugar

If your not too intimidated by all that sugar keep going.

  • Cut up the pretzels and mix with the melted butter
  • Butter and line a slice tray with baking paper.
  • Scatter the pretzels over the bottom of the trayIn a pot melt together the butter and chocolate

  • Sift together the flour sugar and baking powder
  • Beat together the eggs
  • Mix the eggs, and dry ingredients into the butter and chocolate mix. 
  • Mix in the chocolate chips
  • Pour the brownie mix over the top of the pretzels and smooth out with a spatular.
  • Bake in a preheated oven at 160 for 50 minutes

  • Melt the peanut butter for 10 to 15 seconds in the microwave until soft
  • Mix in the icing sugar

  • When the brownie is cooled and cooked spread the peanut butter mix over the top and leave to set. 

No comments:

Post a Comment