Monday, April 30, 2012

Cheer up body breakfast


Lately I've been getting the feeling that my body doesn't like me. The subtle hint was the flue that seemed to last forever, then the food poisoning, and then today when I woke up with every bone in my body aching I got the message. YOUR ANGRY I GET IT.....BUT WHY? I live a pretty healthy lifestyle. I must admit I do like my coffee and wine, and a few treats but apart from that Im pretty good. Im one of the few people I know that runs consistently, eats fruit or vegetables for at least two meals per day, and tries to get a good 8 hours sleep. Recently when I offered to pitching in for some fish and chips with a friend she looked at me surprised and said "what? thats something you do? You eat junk food?"

So get the picture. I'm pretty nice to my little body, but these days its not being so nice to me. I felt like I was the princess and the pea waking up with all my bones in pain today, I felt like me fragile little self was beaten up by the springs in my usually soft bed. Who knows what is going on?

To try and appease my body, and to make up for this freezing winter weather I made some warm porridge for breakfast. It was warm and silky smooth and made me thing that life is pretty good after all. I recommend it.

Cheer up old body breakfast......
  • Half a cup of quick oats
  • 2tbs of sunflower seeds
  • 3tbs of dried cranberries
  • 1 tbs of honey
  • 1 cup of soy milk.
  • pinch of cinnamon
  1. Place your oats in a pot with seeds, spices, and berries and a bit of water (about 1/4 cup)
  2. Stir on a low heat until dissolved
  3. Add half a cup of milk and continue to stir
  4. Once this is dissolved as well add the remaining milk and continue the process. 
  5. Tip into a bowl and drizzle with honey.
  6. Clime back into bed and eat it all 

No comments:

Post a Comment