Saturday, March 10, 2012

Little light things

So if you haven't noticed from my most recent posts, I've been doing a wee bit of thinking (of the serious calibre) lately. I believe its so important to stop in life every once in a while just to reflect on what we are doing, and where we are heading. Unfortunately all this thinking has been keeping me up late at night, and I am yet to discover the meaning of life (but if I do, you'll be the first to know.)



To counteract all this seriousness, I have been making sure I do plenty of light hearted things. Sometimes its just making friends with the boy who sells me coffee, sometimes its talking to my best friend back home. All these little things make life so very beautiful. Today I rearranged my "pastry section" of my kitchen. All my flours and labeled in jars, next to all my cookie cutters and cake tins. I understand that arranging my pantry is not going to effect the world on any fundamental level. I understand that if the world ends, a neat pantry will be of no use to anyone. I understand that when I am eighty and I look back over my life, a neat pantry will not be something that makes me smile fondly with love and recollection. Right now though, having my rolling pin handy and accessible is defiantly putting a smile on my face.

Is this strange? Maybe it is. But if so.......I think I'm ok with that. I hope your doing something light and lovely today that makes you feel good. xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment