Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thoughts from Tasmania

I spent the last two days in Tasmania supposedly looking for inspiration...but realistically looking for the closest bar. Funnily enough though, I left inspired. Maybe it was the amazing Jance champagne I was drinking, or just the new scenery. Either way I feel different. I had a revelation while I was away that I needed to stop looking for external things to make me happy. This whole year has been about settling into my skin for the first time in my life. So as I boarded the plane on the way home I had this small moment of gratefulness for being who I am. I was standing there on the tarmac in a little lace dress, huge trench coat, and my short red hair under a silk scarf and I thought...I'm really glad to be this person. It was such a lovely moment, and suddenly things just fell back into place. My apathy was snapped and I knew I was ready to come home to read, write, paint, but most of all...cook.

Unfortunately, due to insufficient funds, the cooking is kept pretty basic at the moment. I'm starting to get the hang of cooking cheap meals. This, however, is very hard for me! I promise I'll start creating some amazing quirky desserts to post up soon...and hopefully inspire you a bit. For now, however, I think I'll sit on my floor, listen to music, paint, drink bad wine, and concentrate on just enjoying being who I am right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment