Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Hungry

Lately I have been contemplating the differences between security versus adventure, and stability versus risk. I know it is commonly believed that security and stability are the safe options, while risk and adventure are the more exciting options. At times life seems to drag us in both directions. We are told to settle down, we are told to make a life for ourselves, but at the same time we are also told that the harder, less structured things in life can be more fulfilling at times.

So we are dragged in both directions and what I would like to know is this, is the safer option actually safer, or is it actually more of an adventure in the long run? Lets put it this way, if you were given the option to just eat bread for a week or just eat peaches what would you pick? Logically the bread is the smarter option...but aren't peaches delicious? Would you be as full? Probably not, but maybe the bread would make you bloated?

Everything can be broken down to logic, and common sense. As one of my dear friends says, however, 'the heart wants what the heart wants'...or in our case the appetite (or maybe I'm really talking about my heart...I've lost track now.)I know it sounds like a lot of very mixed up ideas, but this is how I feel at the moment.

I am caught between bread and peaches these days, and all I know is that I'm hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment