Monday, May 2, 2011

Posh Pizza





Back at school today, and it felt quite good. I was cheery most of the day...probably something to do with my high caffeine levels. I really love being at school and feeling like I'm learning something useful. Its nice being around other people who care about the same things you care about. I love that I can sit down with someone for half an hour in the lunch break and just talk recipes.

I was very chuffed with myself today as I managed to talk the nerdy boy at school into selling me his text books (he didn't use them anyway) for much less than I was going to have to pay. Really I was doing him a favour......ok ok, maybe he was doing me a favour. I have a feeling I'm going to regret it though. He followed me around like a puppy all day. Previous to this the most words we had exchanged was the time he was telling the class about all his girlfriends (imaginary of course) and I mentioned quite loudly that his mother doesn't count. I was having a bad day....and he had been pushing the whole class to their limits with stories of drunken escapades that no one believed.

With the money I saved on the books I was able to pay for my gym membership. I've decided Its high time I get back into working out. Here again though I ran into trouble. All I wanted to do was sign up and pay my fee, but the recruitment guy wouldn't stop making fun of me and chatting. I wanted to stop him and say "listen, I know how this works out....we go for a drink, one sip in you ask me if i like sport. I say no. You act surprised and a little hurt. I start talking about cooking and writing, and this is your turn to be disinterested. We pick a mutual subject like music, but again, we find we have different tastes. You ask me about clubs, but I only know cafes........but you don't drink coffee. So lets just save us both the time and embarrassment, and stop before we start. ok?"

Why am I so bitter today? Because I have decided today that I have 'bad love karma' at the moment (as a result of hurting someones feelings at the start of the year) and only the people I don't like, like me but the ones I love wont. I'm hoping it will pass, because I don't know how many more bad dates and 'inconvenient loves' I can take.

On a brighter note, last nights dinner party was lovely. It was so nice to have good friends over to cook for. Its really what life is all about. I made a heap of pizza's which I really enjoyed. I'm so obsessed with cooking breads and doughs at the moment. Here's the recipe for one of the pizza's I made. Its one of my favourites. They used to sell it at my favourite bar in noosa, and I'd always go there for a cocktail and some dinner with girlfriends.

Posh Pizza
You will need:
  • One pizza bace (you can make your own, or buy a made one from the supermarket)
  • Cranberry sauce
  • One chicken breast
  • One avocado
  • Half a red onion
  • A handful of rocket
  • Half a round of brie
What to do:
  1. Slice up the chicken breast and pan fry. It doesn't need to be cooked all the way through because it will cook again when it goes on the pizza (you don't want to dry it out, but also make sure its not raw in the middle when your pizza comes out of the oven.
  2. Slice red onion, avocado, and drie
  3. Spread your bace with the cranberry sauce (you don't need too much)
  4. Layer all your ingredients on top (except the rocket)
  5. Crack some salt and pepper over the top
  6. Place in the oven and cook until bace is ready (or if your using a ready made one, until cheese is melted.)
  7. Sprinkle the fresh rocket over the top and serve.

2 comments:

  1. i love ur last post... p.s. ur beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh little C, if you are having 'bad love karma' then it's probably a good indication that the time isn't right! So don't be sad about it .... Learning to love and look after yourself and be happy by yourself is the best gift you can ever give yourself!! Make yourself your top priority coz you are beautiful and lovely <3

    ReplyDelete