Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Another day in cup cake land

Today was another day at work, selling cupcakes. Its funny how even something as lovely as cake can become a wee bit mundane. I couldn't believe how many pretentious customers we had today. And people don't seem to know the answer to "hi how are you today" isn't "I'll have six cakes." Some people are so silly. Someone called up the store today and asked for the shops phone number. REALLY??? HONESTLY!!!

But there were still many beautiful factors to the day. For a start I wore a wee bit of Chanel, got given free lunch and had a chat to the cute waiter next door (a very short chat because I told him he looked awful today, realised it was rude, was too shy to say much more, and ran away.....smooth cherry, very smooth.)

I have been spending a lot of time in degraves st in melbourne. Its such a lovely place for food, coffee and wine. Im very tempted to skip school tomorrow and spend the whole morning reading books and drinking coffee, then the whole afternoon drinking red wine. I'll probably end up at school though...we will see.

This week at pastry school we are making some danishes. Im very very excited for this. It sounds so so lovely. I'll let you know how it goes.

I was a bit lazy tonight and just cooked up a pasta dish with eggplant and tomato. It was one of those meals you can never make twice because it just comes together.

Have a lovely night.

1 comment: