Monday, November 5, 2012

A Charmed Life

Yesterday night I had one of those lovely perfect nights where nothing goes how you want it to, but everything works out just a little bit better than you could have planned it yourself. I was planning on meeting up with someone who I had a small crush on, but when they canceled I was left feeling a little bummed and not really in the mood for a fun night. I ended up spending the afternoon in the sun drinking beers with some of my favourite people, and then going out to dinner at a new lovely bars with one of my best guy friends. I came home feeling buoyed by the idea that everything was right in the world, and left with that naive inclination that things are exactly how they should be.



Its funny how sometimes we have an idea of how we want life to work. I know I can get so set on how I think everything 'should' be and how my life 'should' look, but in reality these things turn out to be so far from what we actually need. I've had so many times where I have wanted to get a job so badly, or just want a relationship to work, when it turns out that there is something so much better for you waiting just around the corner.

The thing I love about life is, you never know what will happen. At times this can be so scary and you can let it overwhelm you.......or you can just get excited. It may be naive, and in all honesty it can be hard to stay excited, but often, if you look for it, there is something so wonderful and beautiful and exciting waiting for you.

And when you cant find this beautiful thing, I suggest you grab a few of your favourite people, some beers, and head to the park to sit in the sunshine.

Speaking of exciting news though.....my second batch of sugar cookies hit the shelves of Little CupCakes this week, so please go in and take a look. They are super yummy.

P.s. I promise to post some recipes soon!!

2 comments:

  1. I love it when things just work out like that. Glad your night ended well. Your sugar cookies look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog .. I can't find your email on this site but if you could register with www.catablog.com.au that would be great .. sorry to post this email as a comment but I there is no email to contact you that I could find

    Thankyou :-)

    ReplyDelete