Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Not all cakes work....

Things don't always work the way you want them to. Days, haircuts, relationships, outfits, dates, job trials, conversations, good intentions, and new recipes are all at liberty to go wrong. At times life even just feels like its going wrong. Some days I feel like I should have done so much more with my life by now.  Some dates you just sit there with a boy in a tea room thinking "goodness when is an appropriate time for me to say I need to leave."Some outfits I put together are have much too much quirk and not enough style (my housemate was right, the fashion 'circus chic' which I was trying to instigate never really caught on.) Sometimes you can be so very worn out, and all you want to do is bake a beautiful cake for all your dearest friends, but it looks messy and tastes all wrong!


As a chef, and a person these things just happen.....and unfortunately there is not too much to do.

Its petty I know, but I spent a lot of my day being so incredibly bummed that the cake I made yesterday had a funny texture, and wasn't lovely at all.
('Circus Chic' really wasn't the best of ideas, but you have to try these things.)

We all have things like this....and sometimes we must just dust off our aprons, and count all the good things that have happened, all the things that have gone right that day. I like to think that its proof that I'm pushing myself out of my comfort zone when I make mistakes. If everything was always going perfectly maybe I'm not challenging myself enough.

So that is what I will be doing....and baking a new cake.

Until then...

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment