Secretly I would love to do the same with my career (the lipstick and heels part not the solving crime part.) One of my friends always says I will be the 'chef who wears Chanel.' One can only hope.
Until then though, I will leave you will this delicious lime cake recipe which I made last week. Its so very moist.....and just a wee bit stylish (like a chef in Chanel.) I wish I had a picture of this lovely to cake to show you....but well we ate it all before I got the chance.
Raspberry and lime cake.
- 225g soft butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- grated zest of 2 limes
- 5 tbs of lime juice
- 250g self raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 25g almond meal
- 200g of raspberries
- For the syrup
- Juice of five limes
- 150g of caster sugar
What to do:
- Cream together butter and sugar in electric mixer.
- Slowly add one egg at a time, beating well in between each addition.
- Add lime juice.
- Fold through dry ingredients
- Fold through 2/3 of the berries.
- Pour cake into a lined cake tin and sprinkle over the remaining berries.
- Cook at 180 for one hours.
- While cake is cooking mix together lime juice and sugar in a small pot. Cook on a low heat until sugar dissolves (be careful not to boil mixture.)
- When the cake comes out of the oven prick it all over with a squire, and pour over the syrup.
- Let cool in the tin for one hour before serving.