Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Raspberry and Lime Cake

Over the last few days I have been stuck in bed with the flu. So you will understand that I haven't much felt like cooking or writing.......or walking for that matter. Its been really quite awful. Mainly I've been watching lots of trashy t.v. shows and napping. I've discovered a lovely show called Miss Fishers Murders, thats all about a lady detective from Melbourne in the early 1920's (I've got a little girl crush on her.) She runs around solving crimes, all in lipstick and heals.

Secretly I would love to do the same with my career (the lipstick and heels part not the solving crime part.) One of my friends always says I will be the 'chef who wears Chanel.' One can only hope.

Until then though, I will leave you will this delicious lime cake recipe which I made last week. Its so very moist.....and just a wee bit stylish (like a chef in Chanel.) I wish I had a picture of this lovely to cake to show you....but well we ate it all before I got the chance.

Raspberry and lime cake.

Ingredients:

  • 225g soft butter
  • 225g caster sugar
  • 4 medium eggs
  • grated zest of 2 limes
  • 5 tbs of lime juice
  • 250g self raising flour
  • pinch of salt
  • 25g almond meal
  • 200g of raspberries

  • For the syrup
  • Juice of five limes
  • 150g of caster sugar
What to do:
  1. Cream together butter and sugar in electric mixer.
  2. Slowly add one egg at a time, beating well in between each addition.
  3. Add lime juice.
  4. Fold through dry ingredients
  5. Fold through 2/3 of the berries.
  6. Pour cake into a lined cake tin and sprinkle over the remaining berries.
  7. Cook at 180 for one hours.
  8. While cake is cooking mix together lime juice and sugar in a small pot. Cook on a low heat until sugar dissolves (be careful not to boil mixture.)
  9. When the cake comes out of the oven prick it all over with a squire, and pour over the syrup. 
  10. Let cool in the tin for one hour before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment