Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Blue berry and dark chocolate Scones

Do you ever have those moments where you look at a movie, a photo, or film clip and think "gosh that look like so much fun, I wish that was me!" Lately I feel like everyone is pasting pictures all over face book of there new husbands, new babies, and chic jobs........and Im not going to lie, IM ENVIOUS!!! It all looks so wonderful and charming.


Today one of my friends came over for afternoon tea (because I'm fancy like that) and brought with her some photo's of my 22nd birthday party. I had this surreal moment while looking at the pictures where I felt completely detached from them. "Look at that little pixie girl opening a present from her friends," I thought. "She looks so happy! And look at that cute boy she is sitting next too. He is a total babe. I bed she has a crush on him. They look cute together don't they? Such a pretty setting. So many nice looking friends." It all looked so good. Then I realised.......they were pictures of my life. That wee pixie was me, and the boy was someone in my life, and the friends were my friends. The whole beautiful setting belonged to me. It was lovely. I just wanted to go back and relive that night over and over.....because it was mine, and it was beautiful.


On a more serious note however, here is something you really can relive over and over....... Blueberry and dark chocolate wholemeal scones. Yep you heard me! and Yes they are as amazing as they sound. Full of delicious berry goodness, wholemeal flour and just a touch of chocolate (ok a heap of chocolate) you will want to eat these bad boys for afternoon tea....or breakfast every day. 


I know I have been going on and on about scones a little bit lately, but there is a reason............Its because they are excellent! So bake them. It will make your day.


Blueberry and dark chocolate Scones


You will need:

  • 3 cups of self raising wholemeal flour (this makes them healthy right?)
  • 1 cup of cream
  • 1 cup of mineral water
  •  2 tsp vanilla essence
  • 1 tbs melted butter
  • 2 tbs sugar
  • 1/2 cup of blueberries
  • 1/2 cup of chopped up dark chocolate (you can use choc chips but I prefer to buy a block and cut it up....the quality is usually better and its more rustic, which we like.)








What to do:
  1. This is super easy.... Just combine flour, blueberries, and chocolate
  2. Make a well in the middle of the mix, and add vanilla, cream, and mineral water. 
  3. With a knife mix everything together, you don't want to work the dough too much or it will make it tough.
  4. Turn mixture onto a floured surface.
  5. Shape into 9 small balls
  6. Place on a lined baking tray.
  7. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
  8. Bake at 200 for 15 to 20 minutes. 
  9. Eat them. Be happy.  




P.s...... How super cute is my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment