Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Memoirs of a lady who does too much.


Yesterday my day looked like this:

5.30am Get up iron school uniform
6.00 am Shower, makeup, eat, pack bag for school, check emails
6.40 walk to train station
7.10 catch train
7.35 Arrive in city, buy coffee, walk to school
8:00 Start school...theory lesson all morning, taking notes, watching teacher cook
12:oo Rush around the shops looking for winter jacket, quickly eat, change into uniform
12:30 Make danish dough, roll out, beat butter, add butter, roll out, fold, roll out, fold.
2:45 Get changed into work clothes
3:00 Start work, drink coffee.
6:00 Finnish work, catch train
6.30 Walk home
7.00 Eat some dinner, Soak chefs whites
7.30 put on two loads of washing, start a loaf of bread in the bread machine for breakfast
8.00 Study, take notes, do homework.
9.00 Shower get into bed

By the end of it I found myself standing in front of the freezer eating chocolate ice cream from the tub with a spoon. Not my finest moment, but it was a little indication to me that it was time to stop and rethink a few things. So it came as no surprise to me today when i woke up coughing my lungs up (I'm still quite sick) at 5.30, that after I had my morning shower I got back into bed.

For me this year has been all about learning my limits, and I had reached mine. I have been so overloaded with study and work lately that I hardly slept due to a reoccurring dream about a loaf of bread. Recently when I asked someone over for a dinner party on there invitation I wrote "dinner pastry." I think you get the picture.

So I took a "me day" which really was just a "sick day" which really just turned into an "errands day". I did my laundry, cleaned the house, took in my dry cleaning, and did food shopping....oh glorious food shopping. I honestly can't remember the last time I did a food shop for the whole week. It was so exciting to have the time to wonder up and back the rows. I'm also excited that I won't be eating the same meal tonight that I have eaten for the last 4 nights.

I'm sorry this is a mundane writing piece, about mundane jobs........but to me right now they feel like the biggest luxury in the world. I'm too tired to be funny and witty. So when reading this please just insert in a few of your own jokes (funny ones) and pretend I wrote them. I'm too tired to even do some smart representation of my feelings through food. But I'm not too tired to say...........If anyone rings me this week to ask 'why I haven't done something' or 'why I wont come to an event' I will most likely, cry. LET THIS BE A WARNING TO YOU ALL. Don't cross a worn out lady, she will snap.

Lots of love to you all. From a sick and tired little chef.

No comments:

Post a Comment