Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Asparagus and Shakespeare


"Push at love for pushing you," Shakespeare recommended.

So I did. I pushed it. I shoved it. I kicked it on the ground and in a moment of rage stomped on it just to be sure. When did this hopeless romantic become so fickle? I don't believe in love anymore, but I'm waiting for someone to prove me wrong (that in itself is a contradiction proving that I still do.) I'm sick of the topic. I fear I sometimes view relationships like I view vegetables. I become obsessed with a seasonal product such as asparagus or eggplant. All I cook is variations of that one vegetable. Everything is asparagus pasta, asparagus with poached eggs, asparagus on toast, asparagus wrapped in bacon and topped with hollandaise. And then suddenly I have overdosed. I don't even want to see asparagus in the food markets, not even its cousin purple asparagus.... and then it's on to the next seasonal product.
I am not proud of this. Not one bit. But I have no idea what to do about it? I don't know. But I'll tell you this....it's the last time I give good old Shakespeare's advice a go.

I checked out what to do about raw olives. It seems that it is quite a lengthy procedure which involves lots of soaking and changing of water. It quite simple though. Hopefully i can get some this week and begin the process. I'll keep you informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment